Top 5 Signs that you Need New Gutters
If you own your own home you have a great deal of responsibility on your plate. Take your gutters for instance. If you neglect your gutters and they are cracked or broken, you will soon have some major problems on your hands. These problems will be so major they will easily add up to thousands of dollars in damages. Another issue that you may have to deal with is mold. That’s right, non-working gutters can cause unwanted water to get into places and that can lead to a mold issue. Gutters perform the very important task of redirecting damaging water far away from your home and your home’s foundation. It’s crucial to understand just how important gutters are when you own your own home. So, how do you tell that you need new gutters? Good question.
Here are 5 telltale signs that you need new gutters.
- Obvious cracks. If you can see cracking or splitting of any kind you need to invest in a new gutter system. Those cracks and splits will lead to water getting into places you don’t want it to go.
- Peeling paint or obvious signs of rust is a big sign that your gutters have reached their final days. Think about it. If you can see signs of rust that is an indicator that water is sitting in the wrong places causing the rust to form.
- Pooling water. If you notice pools of water or even mildew near your foundation that is a pretty good sign that your gutters are not doing their job of redirecting water far away from your home.
- Do you see water marks beneath your gutters? Walk outside and take a look at your gutters. Do you see water marks? If you do, this is a sign that you have a leak and water is escaping out of your gutter towards an unwanted place.
- Do your gutters sag? If your gutters are sagging or pulling away from the house this is not normal. It usually indicates that they are clogged and full of water which is making them extremely heavy. This is the reason they are pulling away.
So there you have it. These are five signs that you need new gutters. Whatever you do, make sure you do your homework and choose a respected and experienced company. Here at LeafGuard® of Northern Georgia, our Seamless gutters are a proven product that have been tested by the Good Housekeeping Institute. They have earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal. Our seamless gutters are the best in the industry and are rated as the Number #1 choice for leaf protection in the U.S.A. They will never rust and will never chip, peel or crack. We believe in our gutters and know they are the Number #1 product in America and that is why we confidently back them with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you want the best, give us here at LeafGuard® of Northern Georgia a call today.